What would happen if you ONLY had your clothes to survive on? I know, you think, “how could that ever happen to me?” All I have to say is, you never know! There are multiple ways your clothing may be able to save your life in situations that call for it. I don’t recommend putting yourself in a position where you only have clothes to survive on, but just in case, I have all the tips and tricks you’d need to make it happen.
Click here to listen on iTunes – Podcast #59: Stylish Survival Skills
Click here to listen on Soundcloud – Podcast #59: Stylish Survival Skills
Click here to listen on Stitcher – Podcast #59: Stylish Survival Skills
13 Ways to Survive With Just Your Clothes
- Don’t put yourself in a situation where you have to survive on your clothes!
- Carry a pen. This can be used to create puncture wounds/kill.
- Long sleeve shirts can be used to filter water, a knapsack, as bandages.
- A belt can be used as a weapon.
- Pocket Squares act as face protection.
- Jackets keep you warm! Use it as a blanket, or as a protective layer from bugs.
- Pants. These can be used as a flotation device!
- Zipper. This can be used as a makeshift sawblade.
- Shoes. These create smoke as a signal if thrown into the fire.
- Shoe laces can be used for fishing wire.
- Glasses can be used as a magnifying glass to start a fire.
- Socks can be used as a makeshift package. (Carry food!)
- Condoms can be used as a canteen.
The number one purpose of your clothing is to protect you from elements. This will come in handy if you find yourself in a situation where survival relies on only your clothing!