When it comes to dressing well, one of the major reasons that men often put effort into it is because they want to appeal to the opposite gender. This is a driving factor, and needs to be addressed. But as you can probably tell from all of the previous episodes, there is a lot more going on under the surface of what kind of clothing can make a man attractive than may at first seem to be the case.
Evolutionary biology tells us a lot about this subject. For instance, did you know that women (and men) are subconsciously attracted to larger hands? It’s a sign of power and dominance, and something that we don’t even realize that we notice, yet we do, and it affects the way we view the person. What is valuable to understand about this, then, is that clothing that can make your hands seem larger will have the added effect of making you more attractive. For instance, a jacket that fits well, is the right length and fits your arm and wrist width correctly, will have this effect, and immediately make you a more attractive human being!
On this episode, we get into that, and so much more! We talk about relative dimensions, and why the relative size of your waist to your shoulders is so important, why confidence in dress is essential, and why it’s important to give off a sense of success and accomplishment in what you choose to wear. So jump into this episode with me, and learn the science behind which clothing makes men more attractive, and what clothing will actually impede this effort.
Click here to listen on iTunes – Podcast 12: Sex Appeal – The Science of Style
Click here to listen on Soundcloud – Podcast 12: Sex Appeal – The Science of Style
Click here to listen on Stitcher – Podcast 12: Sex Appeal – The Science of Style
- What makes us attractive sexually also makes us attractive in other ways, in non-sexual ways
- We live in a society that is trying to press down the fact that we are all competing for mates, friends, and the best lives. But competition is a fact of life.
- Get your clothing to fit you. When clothing fits, it builds up the shoulders, and this will make you more attractive through making you look taller and stronger, and minimizing any extra in the mid section
- Large hands are a trait that women and men will subconsciously associate as stronger and alpha male. Well-fitting jackets will help hands look larger
- The key with the waist is to make it smaller than the shoulders. This is why you always button or zip a jacket when you stand
- Whatever you wear, if you can wear it with confidence, you can make it work. If you don’t have confidence in what you’re wearing, you won’t wear it well, because you will be wearing a costume
- The right clothing can signal wealth, and that is one of the important things that women will look for
- Think about the most successful person in your field, and asking yourself how they would dress, and when you start modelling that dress, you will start making better decisions in your dress
Understand the powerful role that the way you dress plays in your sexual appeal, and put effort into improving it, to make yourself more attractive.