Have you ever considered the effect that the way you dress might have on how you perform? In tests, subjects who dressed in clothes appropriate for their task performed better in those tasks. There is something powerful going on subconsciously. This is the power of enclothed cognition.
Women will often take advantage of enclothed cognition. If they are feeling sick, or having a down day, they will dress nicer, knowing that they will get compliments on their clothing throughout the day, and it will cheer them up. Men rarely understand the powerful tool of enclothed cognition. It is a powerful tool to accomplish what you want to in life.
This shows the power of style, and the fact it truly is a tool to be used in your life. It’s not just for those who concern themselves especially about outward appearance, but really is for anyone who wants more out of life! Anyone who wants to be successful and accomplish great things in their life can be aided in their goals through dressing well!
Click here to listen on iTunes – Podcast 13: Enclothed Cognition – Science of Style
Click here to listen on Soundcloud – Podcast 13: Enclothed Cognition – Science of Style
Click here to listen on Stitcher – Podcast 13: Enclothed Cognition – Science of Style
- The way you dress affects the way you think, and what you believe about yourself
- In experiments, people who wore clothing that was more appropriate to their tasks performed better in those tasks
- The way you dress has a real impact on your performance
- If you’re trying to get in shape, it might be worth investing in good workout clothes, simply for the psychological effect
- If you’re down, or not feeling very well someday, try dressing your best! It will probably help you cope!
Understand the effect that the way you dress has on your abilities and performance, and use it to your advantage! Dress up when you’re feeling down, and when you really need to perform.