For a lot of people, shaving is simply something that has to be done. It’s a pure utility. But what if you were to experiment with creating a zen-like experience around this routine that men have done through the ages?
On this episode, I am outlining the 7 specific steps that will lead to the perfect shave. There is a lot of depth to what constitutes a truly great shave, and worth putting effort and time into. When you look good and sharp, you feel confident and give off the impression that you want to, and a really great shave will go a long way in getting you to that place.
So study the 7 steps, and put them into action! Experiment on a regular basis with the steps and the options available to you, knowing that everyone is unique, and what works for each person will be different. Take some time to find out what that is for you specifically, so that you can have a truly great shave every time.
- Try to transform shaving into an experience, almost a zen-like experience
- Develop a routine around shaving
- Don’t do any experiments of you have something important coming up that you need to look good for
7 Steps to the Perfect Shave:
- Prepare the shaving surface, by shaving as soon as you come out of the shower. Go over the shower with a warm towel
- Up your shaving cream, know what’s available including soaps, and experiment with a variety. Apply with a shaving brush
- Apply the cream, and then wait. Give it some time to enter the stubble. Maybe brush your teeth at this time, then, apply more shaving cream
- Experiment with different types razors, including safety razors. Cartridges aren’t the only option, and will often cause ingrown hair. Really know what you’re doing before trying to use a straight razor. Look at one blade
- Shave with the grain, only one pass, with small short strokes, light pressure, rinsing off every time.
- Shave twice to get an amazing shave. The second time is when you can go against the grain if you have to.
- Post shave care. Make sure you use an aftershave to replenish the skin
Video: 7 Steps to the Best Shave of Your Life
Shaving can and should be more than a utility. Create a routine that you can look forward to and enjoy around the process, constantly experimenting to find out what you like the best.