Knowing how to wear rings doesn't come naturally to most men. It usually involves a lengthy period of trial and error.
The truth is though, wearing rings as a man is simple! You just need to follow a few simple rules:
- Wear your ring with confidence. Don't let it wear you!
- Understand that every ring sends a message. It might signal that you are married, a college association or maybe that you belong to a religio. The key is knowing what your rings say about you and using this knowledge to send the intended message.
- Pay attention to ring proportion. Just like a man should find a watch proprtional to his wrist size, make sure your ring is proportional to your hands and fingers. A man with larger, thicker fingers will need a larger ring to keep proportions in balance.
- Balance your rings and jewelry across your two hands. Imagine having a chunky wristwatch, a bracelet and two rings on one hand…and nothing on your other hand. Feels unbalanced, right? Spread the load by taking one of those rings and putting it on the other hand. Then use the bracelet to ‘balance out' the watch.
- Match your metals. A man's jewelry will look most harmonious when they are all the same color and made from the same material. If you have a silver wedding band then also choose silver when purchasing a bracelet. Likewise, a yellow gold wedding band will look best with a yellow gold watch.
Check out the infographic below for plenty of ring examples. You can also see what I mean by ring proportion and what balanced jewelry on a man's hands looks like.
How To Wear Rings – Infographic
Want to learn more? Click here to discover the full article covering the 5 rules on how to wear rings. Or, click below to watch the video – 5 Rules For Men Wearing Rings