Have you ever wanted to wear a suit without a tie, but you were worried it would make you look sloppy?
The solution isn’t as complicated as you may think think. Making sure your choice is intentional is pretty simple, and I’ll give you 5 easy tips to make sure everyone you’re around knows you made the choice with purpose.
I do want to let you know, though, that the tieless suit isn’t for every event. Make sure you know what you’re getting into before you head out the door. Some events may require you to wear a tie, or dress up a bit more.
At certain events, like a black tie affair, nothing will help save you from looking like a mess. So definitely take the time to research where you are going before you decide to leave your tie in the closet.
Download this episode today to learn how you can rock a suit without a tie, and still look like the sharpest dressed guy in the room with confidence.
Click here to listen on iTunes – Podcast #91: How to Wear a Suit Without a Tie
Click here to listen on Soundcloud – Podcast #91: How to Wear a Suit Without a Tie
Click here to listen on Stitcher – Podcast #91: How to Wear a Suit Without a Tie
5 Tips to Making a Tieless Suit Intentional:
- Wear a casual suit
- Make sure your shirt is up to the task
- The right undershirt
- Add a pocket square
- Choose the right shoes
- You need to know the dress code before showing up.
- Casual suits are generally lighter colored and have patterns.
- A suit, by definition, is a jacket and trousers made from the same material.
- Make sure your shirt buttons don’t rely on a tie bringing it together.
- Darker colors are not as casual.
- Wear a V-Neck when possible.
- Crew neck shirts are fine for those with “Chewbacca” chest hair.
- Too much chest hair can be distracting.
- Pocket Square gives a little more pop.
- Adding the pocket square lets people know you didn’t forget the tie
- You can wear more casual shoes, like suede.
Make sure you are sending the message that you did not forget to wear a tie.