There are a lot of stigmas surrounding jewelry, and whether or not men can or should wear it. The conversation can get heated on both sides, but today I want to walk you through the 7 mistakes around jewelry that men often make, to help you avoid them.
The history of jewelry and men shows that for many years it was considered a signal of status to wear jewelry. It was a way to show people the status you possessed, and your importance, and there is certainly still some of this idea ingrained in humans. If worn with confidence, jewelry can still be a strong signal of status and importance.
But jewelry must still be approached with caution, and a full awareness of the situation, and the impression that you would like to make on those around you. There are certainly circumstances where wearing jewelry is appropriate, but there are also times when it would be a detriment to the impression that you would like to make. Listen to this episode to understand the difference, and avoid the 7 mistakes men make with jewelry!
7-Mistakes Men Make with Jewelry
- They assume that jewelry is feminine
- Not wearing it with confidence
- Not paying attention to the situation. Understand your environment and whether it’s appropriate or not
- Not taking the jewelry in for maintenance or doing it yourself correctly. Fix loose stones, etc
- Over accessorizing. Either wearing too much, or not enough. Understand the situation, and what it calls for. Go for a clean balance
- Showering or swimming with jewelry
- Not choosing the best piece for you. Look at your skin tone, and proportion correctly for your overall body size
Understand that jewelry can be manly, and can show status and confidence if worn correctly. But always be careful of your setting and aware of the impression that you want to give, and whether jewelry is helping or hindering.