Many men often don’t put very much thought into their hair style. Their style is simply what they’ve always worn, perhaps how their parents did it for them, or how they’ve always done it. This a massive mistake, as their is a huge range of different stylistic and fashion statements that can be made with your hair, and your hair can have a real influence on the way you are perceived by others. To simply wear your hair a certain way because you always have is a waste of what could be a powerful influencing factor on your presentation.
Instead, take time to experiment with your hair! Find a good stylists who can try out some new looks, and allow yourself the freedom to do things you never have before! While experimenting and searching for new hair styles, use pictures of hairstyles that you like and would like to emulate to guide you on the path to the right one for you.
This episode is all about how you can use your hairstyle to positively impact the effect your personal presentation has on others. Don’t allow yourself to simply fall into your hairstyle, but rather make a conscious choice about your style, and use it to your advantage! Learn how you can do this and more on this episode of The Personal Image System Podcast!
- Hair is something that a lot of men don’t put a lot of thought into, but just keep with what they’ve always had
- Instead of that, you should be purposeful about what you decide to do with your hair
- Take time to experiment, find stylists who know what they’re doing, and try different things!
- Look at pictures of men that are wearing their hair the way you want to, and model them. Having an end-goal helps a lot
- If your hair is thinning, you probably want to at least consider shaving your head. Thinning hair is one of the weakest signals you can send
- If you’re trying something radically different, spend time around people you don’t know as well, and you’ll probably find that they don’t think it’s extreme
- Experiment with a lot of different products to find what you want. Focus on hold and shine
- Hold is more important for longer hair, where they want it to do something specific
- Shine tends to give your hair more of a formal look, no-shine is more natural
Don’t just do what you’ve always done with your hair. Take time to experiment and try new hairstyles, and while you experiment, have an end goal in mind.