In the modern world, technology, especially in communications, has made it less and less necessary to actually meet people in-person for any reason. We can do anything we need to through skype, facetime, google hangouts, or another app, and we can even use these same apps to keep up with our friends and family.
But today’s episode is about why that is simply not enough! While practically speaking you can accomplish a lot of the same thing virtually, there are so many other aspects of what an in-person meeting does for a relationship that will be completely lost if we move further and further towards all-virtual meetings.
So make a habit of attending live events, meeting people in-person, and developing relationships in this way, to create more impact, speed up the process of learning about others, and forge deeper relationships.
Click here to listen on iTunes – Podcast #44: The Importance of Meeting People In-Person
Click here to listen on Soundcloud – Podcast #44: The Importance of Meeting People In-Person
Click here to listen on Stitcher – Podcast #44: The Importance of Meeting People In-Person
The Importance of Meeting People In-Person – key takeaways:
- When your business is online, it’s easy to to let yourself spend more and more time alone. Resist it!
- A local event builds a trusted network, and often a deeper relationship
- Go to networking events, because it’s often easier to get time from a busy person when you meet them in person
- When you put in the effort to show up to events, it will often lead to things you never would have guessed
- When you meet people face-to-face, you can often accelerate the conversation by weeks or months, as compared to continuing an email conversation
- Shared experiences with people go a long way in developing a relationship
Make an effort to go to live, in-person events on a regular basis, to develop new and deeper relationships.