Leather is something we are all attracted to. It’s a nice material, that looks great and it very durable.
It’s been used for protection and style since the beginning of time. The only problem is most people don’t know what they are looking at.
When making a purchase one a material like this, you want to know you’re getting a deal.
There’s actually a lot to consider when buying leather. The first is what you’re going to use it for. Is it something that is just going to be for show, or is it something that’s going to get a lot of use?
Do you want a softer leather, or something a little harder?
Download this episode now to learn how to identify the right leather for your needs, and how to know if you’re getting a good deal or not.
Click here to listen on iTunes – Podcast #103: How to Identify Quality Leather
Click here to listen on Soundcloud – Podcast #103: How to Identify Quality Leather
Click here to listen on Stitcher – Podcast #103: How to Identify Quality Leather
4 Things You Should Look at When Buying Leather:
- You don’t always need the best grade of leather.
- 1st grade is the best, 4th grade is the lowest quality.
- You wouldn’t want 1st grade on the bottom of a shoe, or where things are used a lot.
- Full grain means the top layer.
- Colored leathers come from a dye applied to the top layer.
- Thickness is usually measured in ounces.
- The animal is comes from will determine how thick and how soft it is.
In order to know if you’re getting a good deal, you need to know what you’re looking for.
The only leather infographic you'll ever need.