Everyone is going to encounter criticism at one time or another in their lives. In fact, encounter criticism is one of the ways that you know you are a leader, because every leader in history has been criticized and ridiculed to one extent or another during their lifetime, so you are in good company.
But the way you deal with the criticism you are handed is very important. It’s easy to let it get you down, to be pulled down by the weight of the criticism, and to let it demoralize you. That is why this episode outlines the 5 specific tips that will help you effectively deal with criticism, to learn what you should learn from it, and to come out stronger.
So if you want to be a leader in your life and in the world, understand that the criticism is coming, if it is not already here. Listen up, take notes, and read carefully through the steps outlined below to be able to handle it and come out on top!
Click here to listen on iTunes – Podcast 37: 5-Tips to Deal with Criticism
Click here to listen on Soundcloud – Podcast 37: 5-Tips to Deal with Criticism
Click here to listen on Stitcher – Podcast 37: 5-Tips to Deal with Criticism
The 5 Tips to Deal with Criticism:
- Criticisms are a reflection of the critic, not of you
- Take the criticism, and ask yourself if it is legitimate, and there is something you can take away from it
- Congratulate yourself, because you are a leaders, and leaders have never been universally congratulated
- Meditate. It can be as simple as focusing on your breathing, but take time to calm yourself
- Connect yourself with people that can help you work through everything, allowing you to be open and to share what you are going through
When you are criticized, don’t let it affect you emotionally. Rather take a deep breath, calm yourself, know that it means more about the critic than you, and then try to learn what you should from the criticism.