Do you know the history of footwear? Do you think it’s important? Do you know why it’s important?
This episode is all about the difference between curved and straight shoes. I’m talking about the history of how these two shoes came to be, and what that means for the decisions you make. The shoes you wear definitely affect the way you are perceived, which means it’s very important to understand.
Today, I’m getting into the history of these two type of shoes, which I believe should normally be worn, and why. Listen up and take notes on this episode of the Personal Image System!
Click here to listen on iTunes – Podcast 38: What Type of Shoes Should You Wear?
Click here to listen on Soundcloud – Podcast 38: What Type of Shoes Should You Wear?
Click here to listen on Stitcher – Podcast 38: What Type of Shoes Should You Wear?
- Lots of classically minded men stay away from square toed shoes
- From a functional point of view, there really isn’t a right answer
- From a style perspective, curve toed shoes are almost always preferred
- From the earliest times, shoes would be one of the main ways people would convey their status
- Up to about 200 years ago there was no distinction between shoes for the left and right foot
- Then over time, the people who could afford it would get shoes custom built for each foot – distinguishing those shoes as higher quality
Understand the history of the shoe, why it is the way it is today, and what that means for the decisions you should make in footwear.