Do you think that you are a rational human being? Most of us, men in particular, would like to think that we are. But when we get right down to it, we’re actually far less rational than we would like to think. In fact, the majority of our time is spent on a sort of “autopilot,” where we are going through the motions, completing tasks that have to be done, but are not paying any special attention to what it is that we are doing. This mode of operation saves us valuable decision-making energy, and helps us have that energy when we need it.
But an understanding of this human tendency and mode of operation shows just how powerful and important our personal presentation is. Often, it is the difference between you or someone else getting a promotion. Or perhaps it’s what leads a doctor’s patients to put their full trust in him. Or maybe it just causes you to be liked better overall, which in turn cannot help but lead to more success in your life.
The point is that personal image, and a good presentation through clothing and everything else that we’re discussing in this podcast, is absolutely essential, and after this episode you should have no doubt about that. It’s not just for those men who have a passion for fashion. This is for any man who wants to do well in life, and wants to learn how to get an edge. Having an amazing personal image presentation is one of the best ways to make that happen.
Click here to listen on iTunes – Podcast 9: Irrationality – The Science Of Style
Click here to listen on Soundcloud – Podcast 9: Irrationality – The Science Of Style
Click here to listen on Stitcher – Podcast 9: Irrationality – The Science of Style
- Humans are often much less rational in their decision-making than they think they are, or want to be
- Humans often fall back on shortcuts that end up in irrationality
- We get on autopilot to retain energy
- Understanding that humans are going to be irrational shows you the value of the impression that your presentation makes on others
- Most people are naturally going to try to trust their assumptions/gut, and you can take advantage of by always making a great impression on them
- There are many things that you cannot control in life, but the impression you make and the message you send through your clothing is one thing that you can and should control
Understand the ways that your presentation can and does affect your life as a whole, and the success that you see in your endeavors, so take control of it!