Have you ever watched a James Bond film and thought about how his style still holds up? He doesn’t look cheesy like a lot of trendy films throughout the decades. Bond had an elegance that is timeless. He always looked great, and the ladies loved him for it. You could take almost any Bond outfit and it would still work today.
You might be asking yourself how this is possible. It’s pretty simple. Trends change, but being classy doesn’t. It’s easier to find styles that last when it comes to formal clothing, but it gets trickier when you are dealing with casual attire. Each season you see styles come and go, and that shirt you bought five years ago seems like a bad joke.
On this episode of Real Men Real Style we turn to James Bond to show us how to look out best even in the hottest months. Download this special bonus episode to see how you can by clothes for the summer that will look great now and ten years from now.
Click here to listen on iTunes – Podcast Bonus: Dress Like James Bond – Summer Style
Click here to listen on Soundcloud – Podcast Bonus: Dress Like James Bond – Summer Style
Click here to listen on Stitcher – Podcast Bonus: Dress Like James Bond – Summer Style
10 items you need to dress like James Bond this summer:
- Polo Shirt
- Casual button down
- Long sleeve dress shirt.
- Light colored suit or jacket.
- Summer trousers.
- Quarter zip sweater.
- It’s not about the newest trends, keep it simple.
- Wear solid colors.
- Avoid what’s “in style” and stick with the classics.
- Your fit is incredibly important.
- Find a brand that fits your body type, and personal style.
- We are exposed to disposable clothing in this country.
- Spend the extra to get better quality clothing.
- Expensive clothing costs more for a reason.
- When you dress sharp, you want to look like a million dollars.
- White or light blue polos are safe bets.
- Get a performance fabric.
- You can wear a patterned button down.
- Have plain, stiffer collar dress shirts.
- Beware of linens, as they may wrinkle.
- Jackets without lining can help keep the sun off your skin.
- If you wear shorts make sure they fit well.
- Don’t wear cargo shorts!
- Make sure your shorts aren’t too long.
- You can wear no-show socks.
- Go with aviators or Wayfarers.
- Avoid sport wrap-arounds.
- At night it gets cool, and you should have a sweater.
- If someone else gets cold, having a sweater will make you the hero.
- Wear a straw hat.
If you want to have confidence, sophistication, and own your style you can’t go cheap.