Today I have a very special episode for you. You’re about to listen to a conversation with Colonel Littleton of ColonelLittleton.com. This is an incredible brand for rugged accessories full of character. As we discuss, Colonel Littleton takes a lot of his inspiration from the military, past and present, and this results in pieces that have strong functionality and durability, but also a lot of character.
As Colonel Littleton says, clothing and especially accessories that will be with you for a long time become an essential part of the story of your life. Not only do they become props in the story of your life, but in some ways they even tell the story. Maybe it’s a small ding from a memorable trip, chew-marks from a favorite pet, or other remnants left behind on the item, when you buy something with quality and durability, the pieces can stand up to use, and live to tell the story.
This is what makes Colonel Littleton accessories so special: The stories they bear, as they go through life with you. We talk about this, as well as how Colonel Littleton runs his business with the golden rule in mind, and how he handles customers who are being ridiculous (hint: it’s not what you think). So listen all the way to the end and please enjoy this very special conversation with Colonel Littleton.
Click here to listen on iTunes – Podcast 27: Making The Perfect Leather Bag? Col. Littleton Interview
Click here to listen on Soundcloud – Podcast 27: Making The Perfect Leather Bag? Col. Littleton Interview
Click here to listen on Stitcher – Podcast 27: Making The Perfect Leather Bag? Col. Littleton Interview
- Articles of clothing and especially accessories with character are fantastic conversation starters
- The military is often a fantastic source of inspiration for rugged fashion, designed to get the job done!
- In quality design and quality material, it just gets better with use and age
- Accessories with character, that stay with you for a long time, fit into your story, and hold a special place in the story of your life
- When businesses simply treat people they way that they would like to be treated, they will have success
- In business, focus on the simplicity of creating something you would like and treating others the way you would like to be treated
- When designing products, you often don’t know what will end up being a hit. You just have to do your best, and take advantage of the ones that do well, and learn from them
Make sure that you purchase quality items that can be with you a long time, because they will help you tell the story of your life, and will serve is props in that story.