We know that what you wear can affect your career. Having a nice suit made from quality fabric will make people see you as a true professional. We also know that dressing nice will give you more confidence, and have a positive effect on your mental state.
But can what you wear really make a physical difference in your performance? Can the right pants make you run faster? Can the right shirt keep you cooler when you’re running a marathon? Can the right swimsuit really make you swim faster?
On this episode of Real Men Real Style Antonio takes a look at studies and analyzes what kind of an effect your clothes can and can’t have on you.
Download this episode today to see what your wardrobe can do to improve your performance, and what you may have in your closet that’s just giving you a placebo effect.
Click here to listen on iTunes – Podcast #73: Does Clothing Affect Your Athletic Performance?
Click here to listen on Soundcloud – Podcast #73: Does Clothing Affect Your Athletic Performance?
Click here to listen on Stitcher – Podcast #73: Does Clothing Affect Your Athletic Performance?
5 Ways Clothing Affects Athletic Performance:
- Compression fit
- Heat retention
- Full body suits
- Wearing black
- Synthetic materials
- It’s important to use style to get what you want out of life.
- Compression can help with recovery time.
- Sometimes results are a placebo effect, but was shown to work.
- After exercising for a while, moisture-responsive fabrics will help cool you down.
- Full body swimming suits reduces drag in swimming.
- Teams wearing black had increased penalties.
- People are intimidated by other athletes who wear black.
- Synthetics today are made to allow moisture to escape.
- Synthetic weaves can block rays from the sun and allow air flow.
Whether it’s mentally or physically, the clothing you wear can affect your athletic performance.
How Clothing Can Boost Athletic Performance Video
Choose the Right Workout Clothes Article