How are your shopping skills? If you’re like most guys, you’ve probably never even considered the notion that shopping was a skill worth improving. Chances are, when you really, desperately need something (often the day or even just hours before), you find yourself at the store, frantically searching for the right outfit for that special occasion. Retailers understand that at this moment, you are easy prey, and will absolutely take advantage of you.
Don’t fall for the trap! You’re better than that! When you buy things out of necessity, in the moment, you almost never walk away with a good deal, and more often than not, you end up paying far more than you should. Instead, be prepared for the events that you know that life is going to throw at you. Save money and buy higher quality than you would otherwise be able to, by keeping your eyes open, knowing what quality looks/feels like, and jumping on good deals when you find them.
That is what this episode of The Personal Image System is all about – give you the tools that you need to become an expert shopper, especially for clothing and style related products. Spending your money wisely, on good quality clothing, is an art, and one that not nearly enough men have taken the time to perfect. But you can! Listen up, pay careful attention and maybe even take notes on this episode of The Personal Image System!
Click here to listen on iTunes – Podcast 20: How to Not be a Sucker: Rules for Buying Clothing and Accessories
Click here to listen on Soundcloud – Podcast 20: How to Not be a Sucker: Rules for Buying Clothing and Accessories
Click here to listen on Stitcher – Podcast 20: How to Not be a Sucker: Rules for Buying Clothing and Accessories
- A lot of guys get taken advantage of by retailers, because they’re clueless when it comes to shopping
- Buy what you need before you need it. Be prepared! Otherwise, you will end up paying far too much, the day before you really need something
- Don’t buy something just for one occasion.
- Don’t fall for deals if the clothing isn’t exactly what you want, fits you perfectly, and is the right look. The most expensive clothing is the clothing that you never wear
- Understand what good quality looks/feels like. Experience good quality, so that you know it when you see it, and you know if you’re getting a good deal or not
- Go to luxury clothing stores, not to necessarily buy, but to become familiar with quality
- Only buy items that you are going to use
Prepare for the events in your life that you know are coming, when you will need to dress well, and purchase the necessary items well before-hand, when you can take the time to seek out good value.